Please fill out an application to apply for an open position.
Open Position- Chief Financial Officer
Brief Description: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and directs day-to-day activities of the financial operations of the Company. This includes but is not limited to assuring financial planning, management, and budgeting, financial data processing and reporting operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains, and executes all the financial functions of PPS.
- Provides accurate and timely analysis of financial reports and budgets that will assist the leadership team in managing operational goals.
- Assures the appropriate safeguards for the security of all payroll and financials data of the Company and its’ employees are maintained at all times.
- As a part of the leadership team, prepares the Company’s annual budget, Capital expenditure plans, Cash-flow planning and etc.Performs accounts receivable functions; records payments and adjustments, prepares and mails statements, and takes collection action when necessary.
- Prepares governmental reports such as property tax exemptions and annual reports.
- Prepares payroll tax returns, annual payroll returns, annual census, and employee benefit statements. Analyzes and interprets financial data; reports findings to the Executive Management Team.
- Participates in the annual outside audit by preparing work papers and providing requested data and information.
- Computes and verifies monthly insurance premiums. Reconcile benefit liability accounts.
- Collaborates with other Executive Management Team members to develop and implement new plans and policies for the company.
- Prepares and presents financial statements and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Attends Quarterly Finance Committee and full Board of Director Meetings.
- Analyze general ledger, balance sheet, income statement, and aging reports, monthly.
- Supervise the relevant cost data used in costing and pricing of work.
- Supervise the receipt, documentation, and disbursement of cash by PPS.
- Prepare the upcoming fiscal year budget and all accompanying reports.
- Assures commitment to ISO quality policies, procedures, and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision over all Invoicing, AR/AP, Payroll, Inventory, and IT functions.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work to subordinates.
- Rewards and disciplines direct reports on an as-needed basis.
- Addresses personnel complaints and works to resolve them amicably.
- Develops subordinates in any areas of weakness and promotes employee engagement and personal growth.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting practices relative to double entry accrual accounting.
- Knowledge of general payroll and payroll tax return preparation and reporting.
- Knowledge of general sales tax reporting.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SAGE and other integrated information systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and diplomatically and able to work effectively with the Board of Directors, President, and the Leadership team.
- Ability to act as a role model within and outside the company.
- Ability to perform duties and prioritize duties as workload requires.
- Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Some hybrid work is acceptable, but most work is done in an office environment.
- Working from 2 locations in the Peoria, Il. area.
- Must be accepting of interruptions made by employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of Accounting experience and 5+ years of progressive leadership responsibility.
- Non-Profit experience preferred.
We welcome referrals from educators, social service providers and others on behalf of their students or clients.
Learn more at Information for Referrers.
“Peoria Production Solutions has certainly demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to hiring people with disabilities and providing a supportive environment that ensures their success in the work place.”
—Charles Martin, Associate Director
Office of Rehabilitation Services
Illinois Department of Human Services