Please fill out an application to apply for an open position.
We welcome referrals from educators, social service providers and others on behalf of their students or clients.
Learn more at Information for Referrers.
Open Position - Line Lead
Brief Description: Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in packing products and material to ensure the end result meets quality standards before shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes packing operations to verify conformance to specifications.
- Interprets job work orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Monitors worker productivity.
- Motivates workers.
- Controls and implements job assignment/rotation plan for workers.
- Assures materials are being properly handled, routed, and controlled.
- Ensures that safety standards are adhered to.
- Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Performs hourly checks on tables and tracks progress of workers.
- Verifies counts on material being packaged.
- Sets scale to determine the number of pieces each container requires for all orders requiring more than 10 items per container.
- Keeps track of scrap, inputs information into the computer, and prints out paperwork.
- Verifies packaging work orders.
- Pays close attention to dates on material in order to determine what material should be completed first.
- Communicates with supervisor when problems arise.
- Keeps track of daily labor sheet including part numbers.
- Assigns bags/boxes to material and creates a sample to be checked by a supervisor.
- Assigns table numbers to all material.
- Keeps track of own paperwork.
- Notifies supervisor when in need of a blueprint.
- Works in the flow of the line, as time permits and needs arise.
- Prints labels.
- Tally up production orders upon completion.
- Audits and closes tri wall.
- Double checks tags on tri wall to be sure they are correct.
- Be able to utilize the RF gun for put-away, picking and packing processes and perform all functions of a line leader associated with Caterpillar EWM processes
- Be able to utilize monitor to check job status and picks, and to correct issues when they arise.
- Adjusts paperwork when there are quantity discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional lifting or carrying of small tools or objects.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25-35 pounds
- Must be able to be on feet for 8 hours each day either standing or walking.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, or reach with hands and arms while filling orders.
- Regularly required to use hands to handle objects or tools.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week.
- The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical functions and basic calculator functions.
- Knowledge of production equipment and tools such as electric hand jacks, electric tape machines, hand held tape guns, and heat sealers.
- Skill to communicate assignments to other employees.
- Skill to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities and/or situations.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to handle pressure of deadlines and stay patient while tasks are being performed.
- Ability to motivate other employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in a managerial/supervisory role preferred.
- 1 year experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
“Peoria Production Shop has certainly demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to hiring people with disabilities and providing a supportive environment that ensures their success in the work place.”
—Charles Martin, Associate Director
Office of Rehabilitation Services
Illinois Department of Human Services