Peoria Production Solutions, PPS, offers clamshell secondary packaging as part of our contract packaging services. With more than 80 years of experience in providing many types of secondary packaging solutions, you can rely on PPS to deliver experienced process design and setup for high quality packaging, delivered on time.
Clamshell Packaging Solutions
Clamshell packaging is a type of secondary packaging that is one-piece, joined together on a type of hinge that comes together to snap or seal shut. Clamshell packaging containers can be made of various types of material such as clear plastic, colored plastic, cardboard, or foam. Clear plastic works nicely for displaying products with see-through capability.
PPS has experience in clamshell packaging with a wide variety of products and packaging materials. We follow strict quality policies and procedures to ensure that all packaging meets exact customer specifications.
Types of Clamshell Secondary Packaging
There are many types of clamshell packaging and PPS has the staff, equipment, and capacity to provide most types of secondary packaging to meet your needs. Some of the most common types of clamshell packaging include:
- Hinged clamshell – one piece connected on a hinge that folds over to protect your products. Clear hinged clamshells can include a graphic insert that is visible through the exterior to showcase products or specials and raise brand awareness.
- Combination blister pack and clamshell – a hinged clamshell package that encloses your products with a flange around the sides. This allows for heat sealing to place in a blister pack, those cardboard packages that have an opening where products enclosed in plastic are protruding and visible (and take a good pair of scissors to open). Combining clamshell with blister packaging allows for focused marketing with endless possibilities in graphics for maximum product promotion and various display options.
- Two-piece clamshell – similar to a hinged clamshell although without the hinge. This allows for customizing a front and back side prior to sealing the two halves together.
- Tri-fold clamshell – a wedged shape that is on a hinge and often used for larger products because it allows for the product to stand up vertically. Tri-fold clamshell packages can either stand or hang on a display, which makes them popular for many types of products.
- Clamshell hybrid – a cost-effective type of clamshell packaging that eliminates the plastic back side, to adhere directly to a blister card. This type of packaging is beneficial for many types of items from small hardware parts to cosmetics.
- Stock clamshell – more generic clamshell packaging can suit product needs that do not require targeted marketing or customization.
- Club store clamshell – clamshell packaging for large club stores can have specific requirements such as a blister pack with recyclable materials.
With so many variations in this type of packaging, an experienced contract packaging provider like PPS can offer expertise in choosing the best option to meet your needs.
Clamshell Secondary Packaging Provider
Peoria Production Solutions offers experience in clamshell packaging and many other types of secondary packaging services. We can help you to analyze your packaging requirements and offer alternatives that make sense as many cost-efficient secondary packaging solutions are available. For example, some customers prefer to switch to an auto-bagging type of process over the highly manual clamshell packaging process, depending on your goals, timeline, and budget.
PPS is unique as a not-for-profit contract packaging company; we have the ability to meet price points not available to other packagers. As our mission is to provide jobs, not profits, we offer flexibility without sacrificing quality. We follow strict quality procedures as part of our ISO9001:2015 registration and ensure full inventory control with our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. All customer supplied material is accounted for with lot number traceability and a controlled process flow from receiving to packaging and shipping.
PPS is your one stop for secondary packaging solutions with 80 years of experience and a dedicated, highly trained staff. We offer extensive expertise in contract packaging with automated equipment, quality control and lean practices. Contact us to learn more about our many production solutions including clamshell secondary packaging.