Information for Referrers
We welcome referrals from educators, social service providers and others on behalf of their students or clients.
Individuals with disabilities seeking long-term employment in a sheltered, nurturing environment should contact our Human Resources Staff. Our mission is to be the premier employer of individuals with disabilities. We focus on a person’s abilities, not his or her disability.
Successful Peoria Production Shop employees possess traits that allow them to:
- Perform the essential functions of the position
- Maintain a 40 hour work week
- Take pride in being successful in a challenging job
- Set and achieve vocational goals
- Provide or arrange for their own transportation to and from work (our facility is on the GP Transit bus route)
- Use social interaction skills while working in a team environment
- Meet and maintain minimum production standards
- Use basic math skills
- Accept the responsibilities of full time employment, including attendance
- Develop self-reliance and independence