This article was originally published on March 9, 2021 but has been updated on January 23, 2023.
Companies that provide kitting services help businesses to achieve greater efficiency and productivity in their own processes. Kitting services typically include combining numerous individual items with individual SKUs into a combined kit with one SKU. Kitting can be performed to combine similar items in a retail kit for sale and can also be performed to group necessary components together needed in a manufacturing process.
Businesses that are looking for kitting services can reap big benefits with increased productivity, increased in-house capacity, and improved cost-efficient processes.
What to Look for in a Kitting Company Partner
Choosing the best kitting company to partner with is a big decision and will affect the overall results businesses receive. Companies that choose to outsource kitting operations need to have a good understanding of the qualifications and services provided by their kitting partner. Some of the most important questions to ask of your potential kitting services company include:
1) What are their internal quality procedures? Is the kitting company registered to ISO9001:2015 standards? Does the company track and measure quality goals such as on-time delivery?
2) How is customer-supplied material accounted for? Does the company utilize an automated inventory tracking system to account for all customer-supplied material?
3) Can the company meet your lead times with a quick enough turnaround? Does the kitting provider have the capacity and resources to turn around your kitting requirements within your timeframe?
4) How much experience does the kitting provider have in performing kitting services? Is kitting something that this provider does regularly or just occasionally? How experienced are they with kitting processes, and how well have employees been trained on proper kitting procedures?
These are some of the most important questions to ask of a potential kitting provider to ensure that they follow strict quality standards, they can account for each and every piece of customer-supplied material, they can meet your lead time deliveries, and they are experienced with performing quality kitting services.
Why Choose Peoria Production Solutions for Your Kitting Needs
Peoria Production Solutions, PPS, has been providing kitting and assembly services to a variety of companies for more than 80 years. We have the experience, the capacity, and skilled, trained staff to meet nearly any kitting and assembly requirement. PPS is an ISO9001:2015 certified kitting company providing high-quality kitting services to some of the largest companies in the country.
PPS is fast, reliable, and meets rigorous performance standards set by clients. For a streamlined process, PPS is the perfect solution for your kitting and assembly services. PPS is here for the customers. We are 100 percent self-funded and a non-profit, meaning pricing is straightforward, transparent, and extremely competitive. Located conveniently in the Midwest, Peoria Production Shop can provide solutions to the following problems:
- Overflow or lack of storage
- Substandard mechanical assembly
- Urgent deadlines
- Ineffective JIT sorting
- Repackaging and shipping
- Inconsistent or poor sewing
- Inadequate bagging, wrapping, or packaging
Peoria Production Shop has the capabilities to order components from suppliers, coordinate routes and schedules, ensure quality by performing incoming, in-process and final inspections, all while meeting customers requirements. Additionally, clients have access to a sophisticated and secure program that allows customers to monitor orders and receive alerts along the way.
Peoria Production Shop offers a highly dedicated, well-trained, and highly productive group of employees that are here to serve the client at every point in the production process. Contact us to learn how to improve your productivity and profitability with PPS, a leader among kitting companies.