Although kitting processes differ from one another, the core value and benefits are the same for all companies. Kitting increases product value and encourages repeat business. Manufacturers control production efficiency, storage space, and inventory control.
General Kitting Process
At Peoria Production Shop, we use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to reduce non-value added activities from kitting processes and bring the value-added processes into the forefront for more efficient production. This helps us to eliminate waste practices that will ultimately reduce costs.
- Receive an order for multiple products.
- Collect each individual item.
- Assemble the products before packaging.
- Combine multiple components into one single SKU.
- Package all items. The individual items are scanned and placed into one or as few shipping boxes as possible.
- Create a new SKU. The components are added to the inventory system under one SKU, scanned, and shipped.
Why Should You Partner with Peoria Production Shop for your Kitting and Packaging Services?
- Strict Quality Policy. As an ISO 9001:2015 registered company, we practice strict quality policies throughout our entire plant in all processes.
- Modern Kitting Warehouse. With our expansive 130,000 sq. foot facility, we have plenty of room to meet all current production requirements with room for future expansion needs. We provide safe and efficient handling of all incoming and outgoing customer products and materials with 17 shipping and receiving bays. Our modern facility is climate controlled for the stability and safety of your raw materials and finished products.
- Updated Kitting Software. Our enterprise resource planning (ERP) software keeps all components organized and accounted for with automated, real-time inventory management, lot code and location traceability.
- Focus on Lean Kitting Process. We utilize Value Stream Mapping (VSM) activities to eliminate bottlenecks and unnecessary downtime in our kitting process.
- Our goal is jobs, not profits. Our motivation is to be the premier employer of people with disabilities. With a goal of jobs rather than profits, we provide the unique ability to be responsive and competitive on various levels. Many companies discover that they can outsource their kitting and assembly services to Peoria Production Shop with less expense and improved quality control over what can be performed in-house. We know that we succeed only when you succeed.
Peoria Production Shop uses lean manufacturing, a proven philosophy focused on eliminating any operations, equipment, or resources that are not adding value to our client’s supply chain. PPS offers consistent, accurate, and quality results for your kitting needs. Visit our website to learn more about our kitting process.